- What are the top 10 prettiest girl names?
- What does the girl name America mean?
- Is America a girl or boy?
- Is Thomas a female name?
- Can you name your child America?
- What is the most common American girl name?
- What percent of the world is female?
- Which countries have more females than males?
- What is the most rare name?
- What are the top 10 girl names in America?
- What percent of America is female?
- What are the top 5 girl names?
What are the top 10 prettiest girl names?
Top 1,000 Baby Girl NamesEmma.Olivia.Ava.Isabella.Sophia.Mia.Charlotte.Amelia.More items….
What does the girl name America mean?
1. America /amer-i-ca/ [4 sylls.] as a girls’ name is of Old German origin, and the meaning of America is “work power; home leader”. Feminine of Amerigo, the name of the Italian explorer Amerigo Vespucci.
Is America a girl or boy?
Total population in the United States by gender from 2010 to 2024 (in millions)MaleFemale2016158.38164.842015157.26163.672014156.12162.52013155161.339 more rows•Apr 21, 2020
Is Thomas a female name?
Thomasina or Thomasine is the feminine form of the given name Thomas, which means “twin”. Thomasina is often shortened to Tamsin.
Can you name your child America?
Naming laws Traditionally, the right to name one’s child or oneself as one chooses has been upheld by court rulings and is rooted in the Due Process Clause of the fourteenth Amendment and the Free Speech Clause of the First Amendment, but a few restrictions do exist.
What is the most common American girl name?
EmmaHistorical data by decadeNameCount 2018Rank 2018Emma186881Olivia179212Ava149243Isabella14464465 more rows
What percent of the world is female?
49.6%The sex ratio – the share of the population that is female – varies across the world. And globally in 2017 the share of women in the world was 49.6%. There are three reasons why the sex ratio of populations varies and is rarely equal: differences in mortality rates and life expectancy for women and men.
Which countries have more females than males?
Conversely, there are more men than women in Asia, Arab countries and Northern Africa. Latvia, Lithuania, Armenia, Belarus, Russia, Ukraine and Estonia are among the countries with the largest female populations. The same countries also lead world statistics in the life-expectancy gap between men and women.
What is the most rare name?
Though the names that make up this list are certainly unusual, many of them are also interesting and even beautiful — and no one can argue that they’re not creative….Rare Girl’s NamesAlabama.Arantxa — This Basque name was given to 46 baby girls in 2014.Atlas.Bentlee.Chichi.Diem.Drishti.Esma.More items…•
What are the top 10 girl names in America?
Female name:Emma.Olivia.Ava.Isabella.Sophia.Charlotte.Mia.Amelia.More items…•
What percent of America is female?
50.8 percentOf the 2010 Census population, 157.0 million were female (50.8 percent) while 151.8 million were male (49.2 percent).
What are the top 5 girl names?
Top 1,000 baby girl namesEmma.Olivia.Ava.Isabella.Sophia.Charlotte.Mia.Amelia.More items…•