- How do I delete thousands of rows in Excel?
- How do I delete a large number of rows in Excel?
- How do I find and delete rows in Excel?
- How do I select all rows in Excel with a certain value?
- How do I reduce blank rows in Excel to reduce file size?
- How do I quickly select thousands of rows in Excel?
- Can’t delete empty rows Excel?
- How do I select rows in Excel without scrolling?
- What is the shortcut to select all rows in Excel?
- Can’t delete rows or columns in Excel?
- Why can’t I delete multiple rows in Excel?
How do I delete thousands of rows in Excel?
To do so, hold down your Ctrl key and the press the “-” (minus) key on your keyboard.
Excel displays the Delete dialog.
Select the Entire Row option, as shown, and then choose OK.
After you do so, Excel deletes the empty rows..
How do I delete a large number of rows in Excel?
Click on the first row to select it, scroll down to the row that is the bottom of the range you want to delete. Do a shift click on that row – this will highlight all the rows you want to delete. Click on the Delete menu item in the Edit menu.
How do I find and delete rows in Excel?
3. Delete an entire row with Find Option in Excel:Step 1: Select your Yes/No column.Step 2: Press Ctrl + F value.Step 3: Search for No value.Step 4: Click on Find All.Step 5: Select all by pressing Ctrl + A.Step 6: Right-click on any No value and press Delete.Step 7: A dialogue box will open.Step 8: Select Entire Row.More items…•Jun 7, 2020
How do I select all rows in Excel with a certain value?
Select cells, entire rows or entire columns containing specific text or valueHighlight the range from which you want to select cells, entire rows or entire columns. … Go to the Select Specific Cells dialog box, specify an option as you need in the Selection type section.More items…
How do I reduce blank rows in Excel to reduce file size?
A good way to reduce your Excel file size is to get rid of the empty rows and columns. Here’s how you can do that: Select all unused row and columns (Shortcut = Ctrl+Shift+Right/Down Arrow) Right-click > Delete.
How do I quickly select thousands of rows in Excel?
Select Multiple Entire Rows of Cells. Continuing to hold down your mouse button, drag your cursor across all the rows you want to select. Or, if you prefer, you can hold down your Shift key and click the bottom-most row you want to select. Either way, you’ll select a range of rows.
Can’t delete empty rows Excel?
Press the key Shift+Space on your keyboard. Press Ctrl+Shift+Down Arrow key. Rows will get selected till the last row. Press Ctrl+- on the keyboard to delete the blank rows.
How do I select rows in Excel without scrolling?
“Easily select all the way down without the mouse/scrolling” By default you can start this tool with the shortcut Control+Alt+L.
What is the shortcut to select all rows in Excel?
Select one or more rows and columns Or click on any cell in the column and then press Ctrl + Space. Select the row number to select the entire row. Or click on any cell in the row and then press Shift + Space. To select non-adjacent rows or columns, hold Ctrl and select the row or column numbers.
Can’t delete rows or columns in Excel?
If you can’t insert rows, delete all rows below the active area of your worksheet. For instance, assume you have data in columns A through M of your worksheet. To delete the remaining columns, place your cursor in cell N1, and then press Ctrl-Shift-Right.
Why can’t I delete multiple rows in Excel?
If the data is in the form of an official ‘table’ you won’t be able to select different selections of multiple rows to delete in one go. You have to copy and paste the data into an empty worksheet (without the ‘table’ formatting) and you should be able to do what you describe.