- How do I restore the Start menu in Windows 10?
- How do I restore my Start menu?
- How do I get my start menu back?
- How do I fix critical error Start menu isn’t working?
- How do I fix my start menu isn’t working?
- What causes critical error Start menu and Cortana?
- Has your Windows 10 Start menu stopped working?
How do I restore the Start menu in Windows 10?
The Winaero website published two methods to reset or backup the start menu layout in Windows 10.
Tap on the start menu button, type cmd, hold down Ctrl and Shift, and click on cmd.exe to load an elevated command prompt.
Keep that Window open and exit the Explorer shell..
How do I restore my Start menu?
Reset the start menu layout in Windows 10 Type cd /d %LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Windows\ and hit enter to switch to that directory. Exit Explorer. To do so hold down Shift and Ctrl, right-click on the Windows taskbar, and select the option from the context menu. Restart the Explorer process as outlined above.
How do I get my start menu back?
3. From the screen that appears, navigate to Program Data\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu and select it. That will place a Start Menu toolbar on the far right of the taskbar. If you want to move the Start Menu toolbar to the right, right-click the taskbar, uncheck “Lock the Taskbar” and drag to the right.
How do I fix critical error Start menu isn’t working?
How to Fix Windows 10 Start Menu Critical IssueOn your keyboard, press the Windows + R keys together to bring up the Run box, type ms-settings: in the empty box and press enter.On the Settings panel, click Update & security and then Check for updates. … When Windows 10 starts, press Windows Key + L to log out.More items…•
How do I fix my start menu isn’t working?
Has your Windows 10 Start menu stopped working? How to fix itLaunch Task manager. Press the [Ctrl] + [Alt] + [Del] keys on your keyboard at the same time – alternatively, right click the Taskbar. … Run a new Windows task. … Run Windows PowerShell. … Run the System File Checker. … Reinstall Windows apps. … Launch Task manager. … Log into the new account. … Restart Windows in Troubleshooting mode.More items…•
What causes critical error Start menu and Cortana?
The Windows 10 Critical error is related to the Start menu not working. It happens when some files become corrupted. Sometimes, the Start menu alone is affected, but other times the search feature, Cortana, and the Start menu are all involved.
Has your Windows 10 Start menu stopped working?
Fix a frozen Windows 10 Start Menu by killing Explorer First of all, open Task Manager by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+ESC at the same time. … From the “Processes” tab, scroll down until you find the “Windows Explorer” process – right click this and select “Restart” from the menu.